Sunday 14 April 2013

So I've arrived in Kagando, via Mbarara, where we stayed for two nights visiting my friend's family & a great museum. Our journey has taken us through the rift valley & queen elizabeth national park, with outstanding views & we even saw some elephants on the way, so I had a chance to get my binoculars out. We approached Kagando with stunning views of the Rwenzori mountain range a backdrop, absolutely incredible. I traced old footsteps as we approached the edward clay house, my home for the next six weeks, & where I and the tearfund girls stayed 7.5 years ago. It feels great to be back. My friend, Jerry & I, explored the area, & were impressed with the new nursing school that has been built here, & that also has wireless!! But unfortunately our football/badminton/volleyball pitch has gone. After admiring the mountains & yearning to go trekking in them, I unpacked my things, washed my white coat, & made myself at home shortly before meeting some other elective students. I have learnt that tomorrow morning after breakfast, we have chapel at 8, & then usually ward rounds at 8.30, however I will first make introductions with Dr Sheila. I can't wait to get started.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment